Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Christmas Break

In India schools have Christmas break too. Christmas break started on Christmas eve and was scheduled to go until the 4th. For Christmas I went to my first host families house where they were throwing a party. It was sunny and warm which made it feel more like a summer lawn party. A Santa came to the party and most of the little kids were excited to see him. The Santa wore a mask to make him look like Santa but all it really did was make him look creepy. After the party I went back to my host family's apartment and celebrated Christmas by eating some candy and lighting a fire in the fire place. There was the occasional fire work that was shot into the sky but that wasn't to impressive considering people shoot fireworks of for almost any occasion and there is usually at least one shot off every night. I gave out some Alaska things to my host family. They are going to have a lot of Alaska things soon enough though since their son is in Sitka. During the normal days of Christmas Break I started reading a lot which I hadn't done much before. When new years rolled around I celebrated it that by sitting by the fire and watching TV. School was supposed to start on the 4th but was cancelled for a week because the it was too cold. It was 43 degrees at night and was getting up to around 65 degrees by the mid day on the coldest days of the break. I stared school again on the 12th which turned out to be a half day.

2 comments:

maggie said...

hi Garrett Love Maggie

maggie said...

Hi Garrett Hows lfe? I hope you are haveing a great time. We are all very excited here Tomorrow is the BIG day and Washington will be too wild. Love Maggie